6.10.2007

Wedding Recap: Food, glorious Food!







We had the best time at Frank & Regina's wedding yesterday. It was our first Long Island wedding, and I hope it's not the last--they sure know how to have a good time out east! The ceremony was in a beautiful, spacious church in downtown Huntington. Regina glowed in a beaded halter gown with a full skirt and cathedral-length train, looking absolutely regal with an Audrey Hepburn-inspired updo. The bridesmaids added a splash of color to the gloomy afternoon with their hot pink satin dresses; the color was matched the flowers (gerber daisies and roses) and the groomsmens' ties. Later on, we made our way to the Woodbury Country Club where guests indulged in an extravagant cocktail hour buffet (I skipped the various stations to save up for dinner). We moved into the elegantly-appointed ballroom for a five-hour(!) reception complete with a Frank Sinatra-esque crooner (if you closed your eyes while he was singing, you'd think you were hearing the real deal) and a hyper emcee who kept the tunes spinning until 1:00 a.m.! I made sure to take a few breaks from the dance floor to eat (crabcake appetizer followed by the entree: I chose salmon with dill sauce, Mark got the steak, but there was also a choice of chicken marsala, or vegetarian) and sample the delectable dessert bar (various pies, tiramisu, cakes, and cookies, plus a bevy of sweet drinks to sample--I tried Irish Coffee). And then there was the wedding cake, which looked delicious (I missed my chance to taste it because I was too busy diving in to the other desserts!).

I feel about ten pounds heavier today, but it was totally worth it! Anyone out there going to another LI wedding anytime soon? I'll gladly be your date!

No comments: