6.01.2007

Freelancing and Freewheeling

Week one of my new "career" is nearly wrapped up, and I must admit, I'm feeling pretty good about it! For those of you who don't know, I recently left my post at CosmoGIRL! to pursue a freelance writing career. It all stemmed from some projects which presented themself a month or so ago that made me realize that I could possibly work for myself and write fulltime. I have the discipline (I think!) and the contacts to make it work if I really, really, really try hard. The best part about it is that I'm getting a little bit of "me" time to do some things I just haven't had time to do plus enjoy the fabulous summer weather. So far, so good!

That said, if any of you have story ideas for me, send them along! I have a bunch of assignments lined up, but I also need to become a pitching machine and just fire off as many ideas to as many mags as possible. So let me know if something has struck your fancy lately and you'd like to read more about it. I just might be the person to write that story!

No comments: