6.21.2007

Ode to Summer Days and a workout with Bec

Even though it gets hot, sticky, and just icky sometimes, I must say that summer is the best time in NYC! Maybe it's because I am able to enjoy things more now that I have freedom, but there's just something so nice about walking outside with the sun in your face and a cool breeze wafting off the Hudson...and then of course coming in from the heat to the welcome chill of the AC!

Speaking of summertime activities, Bec and I cruised over to the 6th Street Track today. It sits on the East River, facing Williamsburg, with a a great view of uptown (I never really realized how much bend the city bends east at the top of the island!) This was actually the first time I've been so far east, so running/walking there was a great way to see a new 'hood. We passed some cute restaurants and even two bands jamming on the sidewalks (there must be some kind of music fest thing going on.) If I wasn't so exhausted from the track workout, I would have stayed and explored more! After, we stopped at the new City Bakery on 7th Ave for some fresh lemonade--we opted against the "Farmer's Style" which included heavy cream. Nothing says runner's stomach ache more than dairy after a workout.

It's so fun to run with Bec, but training with an elite athlete is no pinnick! She runs VERY hard with little rest--no wonder she's so damn fast. Maybe some of her speed will rub off on me!

No comments: