6.22.2007

I'm digging my new office...

One of my favorite streets in the West Village has always been Charles--it's just so cute and quaint and QUIET (a plus, since my street is just the opposite). A few weeks back, I happened upon the makings of MoJo's, a new coffee shop in what used to house a dingy old dry cleaner. I made a note to revisit it, so last week I ventured in. I was instantly smitten! The tiny tables are made from tree trunks, there's exposed brick on one wall and a cool wooden paneling on the other. The huge front windows allow for tons of light and they play fun music (Neil Young and Ray Charles were on rotation today).

It's definitely a place to be productive: This morning, I finished a 700-word profile in three hours (I think that's a record for me), plus I had an excellent cup of coffee and a celeb sighting (Maura Tierney, AKA Abby Lockhart from ER). And the constant parade of West Village mommies with their adorable babies tucked away in Bugaboos makes for plenty of excellent people watching. really, can it get any better?

No comments: