8.24.2007

Happy Birthday Happy Birthday!

Hello from San Francisco! I'm sitting at a lovely-appointed Starbucks on Union Street and Laguna, not far from Lonnie's adorable apartment on Franklin. It's been an awesome trip so far, with a great run around the city yesterday and then a trip to Alcatraz where I learned all about Al Capone and the Birdman! A bit spooky of a place, but among thousands of touristas, I couldn't really feel scared. More about that later when I post my pics.

Today I'm meeting up with Joe and we're heading up to Lemoore for the twin's birthday party! That's right, Sophie and Lucy are ONE year old today! Sissy and Erik are throwing quite the rager, with over 30 people expected to come, and a pinata for the kids! (OK, maybe I'll take a few swipes at it , too). I can't believe a year has passed since I got that voicemail from Erik while eating at a Union Square diner with Nandita and Keren: "Sophia Marie and Lucia Noelle were born about two hours ago...". I think I still have the piece of paper where I wrote down their length and weight! Though it's so hard to read because my hand was shaking so much!

I'll be sure to take lots of pics of the party and post them ASAP.

No comments: