9.04.2007

Day 3: Rain and 'roos




It was a gloomy day here in paradise, with temps dipping down to the 50’s, and the gray skies opening up around 5 pm, releasing a cold, torrential downpour. After deciding to make a quick trip to a mall nearby, I got stuck in said storm coming off the bus and am now completely soaked. There’s no heat in these rooms (doubt they really need it), so I’m wrapped in a blanket with a hairdryer in hand, warming myself up as much as I can!

My time at the set was limited today, as I only had a couple more interviews to do and there wasn’t much filming going on. The highlight of the day was definitely sighting a family of kangaroos (a dad, mom, and joey!) on a small swath of land next to an office park (my host, Fiona, took me there in the hopes we’d see some). Even though I’m not going to see much of the country, I feel somewhat satiated now that I’ve seen some ‘roos! (If only there were a koala or two hanging out in the trees…). I snagged a video of the trio; here it is.

I’m winding down my three weeks of somewhat impromptu travel (North Carolina, California, Australia) with a dinner out at the fancy Plaza Versace across the way with Fiona. (See pic; Not sure what I’ll wear, as all of my warm clothes are now soggy…hmmm.)

Then, it’s time to load up the suitcase one last time and hit the hay for an early morning tomorrow—followed by 20-plus hours of travel. Oy. I'll be happy to be home.

No comments: