3.14.2008

Friday, Finally

This has been quite a long week with a lot of work packed into what feels like a limited amount of time. I have a few more things to get out the door today and tomorrow, and then I am going to allow myself to relax a bit! For starters, Karl and I are going to see Sheryl Crow concert on Sunday in Baltimore. She wrangled the tix through her connections withThe Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, and we'll be part of a small crowd of lucky folks who'll get to see Sheryl perform an acoustic set in the intimate setting of Pazo Restaurant in Baltimore city. We're driving down just for the evening--a bit of a schlep, but I know it'll be worth it!

And then bright and early on Tuesday morning, I'll be heading out to the west coast to visit Sissy and the twins! I'm very excited abut this trip...and happy to help Sis as she continues her recovery from ACL surgery last month. Unfortunately, it looks like it won't be "all play" in CA as I have a bunch of deadlines looming, but I'm sure we'll manage to squeeze in some fun!

Speaking of fun, I had a great time watching Sam yesterday. I took over for M as she and D sadly had to head out to Long Island for Mr. Kobilinsky's funeral. It was my first solo babysitting experience with him, and I couldn't have asked for a better charge. He smiled, played, bounced on my lap, slept, ate, and all of the other sweet baby stuff. We took a walk to Washington Square Park, and he promptly fell asleep for an hour. By the time I got back and fed him, the 'rents had returned and my stint was over. The rest of the day was spent lounging in Leezie and Speed's apartment, getting a little bit of work done, and then being treated to an amazing meal by Speed. Everyone but Bec (who is in Nevis for a race) was there, so it was quite the party! Bec, we missed you!!!!

No comments: