3.24.2008

Today's my last day in Cali...boo hoo. I've had such a fun time with Sissy, Sophie, and Lucy, and have been LOVING this gorgeous weather. I haven't seen a cloud in the sky since I arrived. I wake up to the birds (um, pigeons) chirping and the sunshine filling the room...can't get that on the east coast for at least another month!

We had a great Easter yesterday, complete with an egg hunt for the girls and a traditional meal of ham, turkey, sweet potato caserole, asparagus, deviled eggs, salad with apples, walnut, blue cheese, and apple vinagrette, spinach dip, and key lime pie! We had Sissy's friend, Janelle, over with her adorable 9-month-old, Jack, and after chowing down, took a nice walk around the neighborhood. The girls like to run ahead of us to check out all there is to see in the 'hood, from the neighbors on their bikes to the cars parked in the driveways. They are really too cute.

In the morning, we took a trip into Hanford (after an ill-fated attempt to get into a very crowded church) so the twins could frolic around in their adorable Tar-J easter finest. We hit up a duck pond with some ugly geese lording over it, and had about 1,000 heart attacks trying to get the girls away from the mud, killer geese, and gross pond water! Fortunately, we made it out with only some muddy socks and shoes and no confrontations with any wild animals...

I have lots of pictures to post, which I will as soon as I have some downtime at the airport before my red eye back to Newark.

BTW, my phone is still out of service, so I'll be out of touch from about 8 pm PST to 8:00 EST tonight and tomorrow...

No comments: