3.12.2008

I've been quite disturbed by a lot of things in the news this week. First, there's the whole Spitzer scandal which, as Julianne Moore so succinctly put it, is "A f---ing embarrassment" (I'm ashamed I voted for him last year). Then, there is the announcement by the CDC that 1 in 4 teenage girls have an STD. As I'm sitting here writing a quiz for girls of that age for Girls' Life, building up all of the romantic notions of Summer Love, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just be writing about protecting yourself from chlamydia instead. Finally, the whole thing about traces of prescription drugs being in our tap water was rather horrifying. In fact, I was moved to write a service piece about it for my column. (I'm sure one about the STD thing will follow. And I'm not sure how I can work anything about high-end prostituion into a health and wellness item, so I may have to avoid the Spitzer story all together. Good riddance!).

Anyway, sorry for the rant! Here's the water story. HEALTHIER, TASTIER H20: Four Tips to Treat Your Water

No comments: