9.19.2008

Struggled with a bout of insomnia last night, which had nothing to do with Eamon who was sleeping like a champ (I even had to wake him up to feed him!). Rather, I had a lot on my mind after getting a surprise visit which proceeded to ruin my night. I won't go into it any further, but since when is it OK to come over uninvited and proceed to blast a new mom with a sleeping baby in her arms?

Anyway, at 3:30 a.m. I found myself in the kitchen reading the new US Weekly, which features the super-skinny stars of 90210 on the cover. From the get-go, Karl (my 9-0-watching partner) and I were appalled by the rexi girls on the show. They are seriously emaciated. And with a quick google search a few weeks back, I saw that this was not always the case...they were all, well, normal looking (but still thin) in prior roles. Knowing how many young girls are watching the show, it's scary to think the negative influence this may have on them. It's kind of like Ally McBeal allover again, except the characters are wearing tiny dresses and short shorts instead of power suits. That said, maybe the actors' thinness s is a shout-out to its 90's heritage when the lollypop head look was really in.

It'll be interesting to see if the cast fills out a bit now that there's some sort of intervention going on by the producers. It's good to see that at least Kelly and Brenda maintained their wholesome shape!

3 comments:

BecW said...

Everyone things you are great, beyond great, so don't listen to 1 word of anyone trying to tell you otherwise.

Laurel said...

so that is where the us weekly went! looked for it this morning for my commute...i'm actually still getting through one that is from late august!

sorey about the insomnia...put it out of your mind. and don't for one second take any of that to be true. you are probably the most generous, nicest, and best friend anyone could have!!

Maren said...

Yeah! I don't know what happened, but I agree with bec and L.