9.05.2008


With Mark back to work this week, Eamon and I settled in to a pretty nice daily routine. This includes lots of naps (for E) and walks (for both of us). For the first few days, my mind wasn't quite ready to do much more than check email and read people.com, but today we spent a solid hour in Starbucks and I even wrote almost an entire column! I've been extremely remiss in writing anything in the past month, but my synapses are firing again and I was able to string together some sentences that I think made sense...

On another note, Hoboken's honoring the Feast of the Madonna Dei Martiri with its Italian Festival this weekend. E & I strolled down to check it out last night and found that it's more of a street fair than anything else--with your typical frozen lemonade, kilbasa, and fried oreo vendors--but there is a stage by the river that's featuring live music all weekend long. I missed the 80's coverband but managed to catch a few tunes from a Frank Sinatra wannabe (a very off-key version of New York, New York. By the time Mark got there (we were supposed to meet up, but I slipped out early because I thought the music was too loud for E), a 90's alternative band was rockin' out. There are also kiddie rides, fireworks, and a canoli eating contest! Gotta love the 'Boken!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

swaaleta said...

It is hard to imagine he is only few weeks old! He looks like such a big boy already!