6.08.2008

10K at 30 Weeks!


On Saturday morning I joined 6,000+ other women for the NYRR Circle of Friends Mini 10K. It's always inspiring to run in a women-only event, but even more so at 7+ months pregnant! Throughout the morning I received congrats and compliments from my fellow "competitors". All of the extra moral support--and the physical boost from my new Medela bump-belt, which worked wonders to protect my abs and pelvis--made running those 6.2 miles a breeze. (Yes, I did stop for all water breaks and yes, I did run extremely easy!)

It's always going to be hard for me to enter a race and not really "race", but having the company of Keren (who did awesome in her first official 10K! ) and her co-worker, Michelle, kept me relaxed instead of worrying about how far back in the crowd we were. There will come a time when I can worry about pace and place again, but for now, it's all about having fun. And that we did: After crossing the finish line and collecting our medals and pink carnations, we hung around to watch the elites collect their loot and got a quick breafkast at an UES cafe. All that and I was home by 11:30 in time to head up to Ramsey for Mark's golf lesson. More on that later...

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats to you and "Baby F"...his first 10K!!! Still looking great and only 10 weeks to go!

jeanie said...

Congrats Sarah! You look great!

Ian M. OConnell said...

Wow, you really put us already non athletic people to shame when you go and do something like this. Way to go!