6.02.2008

One year as a freelancer!

It's so lovely to wake up on a Monday morning with the sun streaming into my bedroom and the air crisp and cool (we still don't have A/C so the windows are wide open) knowing that in just a few hours I'm going to see Sex and the City! Hah! As most rat-racers are slogging their way into work this morning, I'm already at my office (AKA the living room), doing some work before heading over to Battery Park to meet up with Leezie, Karl, and Bec for an 11:30 showing. It's been exactly one year since my freelance career began, and I must say that I definitely made the right decision. Not because I can see movies in the middle of the day (though I admit, that's an excellent perk), but more so in that I am doing exactly what I want to be doing (writing and editing), when I want to do it (all hours of the night!), without the unnecessary stress of a boss or the typical and very aggravating co-worker competition.

So, happy anniversary to me! And instead of gifting myself with a Tiffany's pin (which was the one-year prezzie from my last employer), I'm celebrating with something ten-times better: Yup, the movies with my sisters! :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You are so right...sisters are the best! You are so lucky to have all three of your sisters close by. You will cherish them even more when the baby comes. Gauranteed and trustworthy babysitters with a blink of an eye!