6.24.2008

Ladies Who Lunch


On Monday afternoon, in honor of bride-to-be Bec, we celebrated with a ladies luncheon at Perry Street. As some of you may recall , Bec treated me to a lunch at Perry Street around this time last year, and I never got over the flavor explosion that occured in my mouth that day! Needless to say, I was incredibly excited to go back, especially for such an exciting occasion! This time, I opted for the tuna burger and grilled hangar steak (with a liquid gruyere sauce), and, for dessert, the chocolate pudding atop devil's food cake. The food is amazing and so creative, and of course the company--which included John's mom, Francis (in from Toronto for the occasion ), Anna, Bubba, and my mom plus the four of us--was unbeatable. We're all so thrilled for Bec and John, and this was the perfect way to kick off the build-up to their October wedding in New Paltz!

The lunch capped off an action-packed three days, which included another party, a triathlon (for anyone who hasn't heard, Bec and Karl placed first and third, respectively, at the Philly tri!), and an afternoon in Hoboken with Sam and the 'rents. More on all of that later (and plenty of pis, too!).




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jeanie said...

That picture of the ladies' lunch was wonderful. The ladies are all beautiful and stylish to say the least. G-mommy would be so proud and would she ever approve of "how you looked".

jeanie said...

Sarah, pregnancy really agrees with you. You look radiant.

BecW said...

To add to what Jeanie said, G-mommy would have been happy that we all "pulled our hair back out of our faces." Although G-mommy was forever telling me to "brush my hair," I must admit that even though this was a special occasion, I didn't break out the brush!! I wish she could have been there.