6.17.2008

Father's Day at the Farm


I had a wonderful weekend at home! We left late Thursday night and drove down to Arlington, where we stayed the night with Maureen. Early on Friday, Mark left for his golf trip in Cape Charles, VA, while I stuck around the area for a very relaxing and fun next three days. I met up with Corinne in Bethesda for lunch and a movie (Savage Grace, very odd and a highly do not recommend despite Julianne Moore's beautiful costumes). Afterwards, I scooted over to Silver Spring for a delish dinner at the Golden Flame with the 'rents. On Saturday, M and I got mani/pedis and then dashed up to the Farm (with a stop at Ragged first!) for Father's Day festivities!

We had a low-key Saturday night with a dinner at the KK (I opted out of my plans to go to B-more to watch Allie D. sing, a bummer, I know, but I was pooped...) . On Sunday we got up and started getting ready for the guests! Kasia's parents arrived around 2 and we celebrated Father's Day with a long Chair Circle session and a yummy BBQ. As the only "kid" around, I had a nice chance to spend time with everyone and to completely relax. We had gorgeous weather and a nice time catching up and hearing the wedding details (A & K were ensconced in their Engaged Encounter weekend and couldn't make it up...I felt for them!)

Later on Sunday, M and I drove back down to Arlington to meet up with the Flynn's (Mark had reconnected with them earlier in the day) for dessert at Maureen's. It was great to see everyone...even briefly. And yesterday, we rose early to shop at White Flint...M/"Grand Liz" bought Baby F bedding for F at Pottery Barn Kids and we tried to find a dress for the various upcoming occasions to no avail. Maternity stuff is way too pricey for this bargain hunter!

It was sad to get on the road and head back up to Hoboken, but alas we had to. We extended the extra-long weekend a bit more with a gourmet meal with Rick and Patty. I pretty much ate my way through the weekend, but it was totally worth it!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

BecW said...

I'm surprised you couldn't find a "dill" at Ragged? Was there anything good there?

Sarah said...

Ragged is all "major department store labels" or cheapy clothes straight outta Rain-ho. No dils to speak of, 'cept for a random J Crew circa '05 item. I did, however, browse the home goods section and walked out with some drawer liners and $1.50 frames!

jeanie said...

Where do you get all your energy? That's just the kind of weekend I would love to have. We are looking forward to some farm time soon-around 6/27 or so.
The pics of Sam are keepers! He is one beautiful boy.