6.21.2008

Another weekend, another trip

Somewhat purposefully, we've packed a trip or event into nearly every weekend until August 1 (trying to squeeze in everything while we can, I guess!). This weekend: MD/VA/Philly.

After another trip down the Jersee turnpike last night, I'm back at the 'rents in Wheatone, doing some work and chilling until Pat & Mary's engagement party this evening in VA. Mark's playing golf and the 'rents are running errands, so I should have ample time to write a few columns and chisle away at my ever-increasing workload. Once again, I've put off everything 'til the last minute and have about 30 stories due between now and July 1. But I can handle it!

The extended Flynn fam is down for the big party tonight, so it'll be great to hang out with the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Thanks to Leezie, who so generously donated a bunch of dresses to my bump-worthy cause, I'm all set in the "what to wear" department. (Note for anyone who may be pregnant next summer: She has quite the enviable maternity collection!)

Then, tomorrow morning at 4 a.m., the 'rents and I will be scooting up to the city of bro' love to watch Karl and Bec undoubtedly kick some major butt in the Philly tri. We hope to be there by the first splash at 6:55 a.m. The early call time will be totally worth it, as this may be the only chance I get this season to watch them both compete.

Afterwards, we're going to travel back to NYC for an afternoon with Sam...and work for me. Speaking of which, back to it I go...

1 comment:

Keren said...

30 articles? you are amazing! have fun at the tri tomorrow- wish them both luck for me. can't wait to hear about it.. xoxo
ps- i miss you- can you stay in the city one weekend, please?