7.28.2008

Recapping the weekend

As the countdown to Baby F is in full swing (at 37 weeks, I'm now considered fullterm and, though doubtful, I could essentially go at any moment,), Mark and I spent our first of many weekends NYC and 'Boken-bound. No trips down the turnpike, no family parties at the Farm--just some setting up, cleaning, and much-needed relaxing and hanging out. We kicked off the weekend with a big trip to Tar-J (yes, on a Friday night...)where we got F a car seat for a steal and some other baby must-haves. In our defense, we're not thaaat big of losers: The only reason we went to Tar-J on a Friday was because it's next to the movie theatre where we'd planned to see Dark Knight. Well, apparently so did the rest of the world because every showing was sold out 'til practically 1 am. Darn.

Saturday was filled with some milling about and a delicious al fresco late lunch at the adorable cafe across the street. I'd only been there once before, and realized we'd been missing out on not only fine food but fun, too: They have jazz on Thursdays and 2-for-1 dinner specials on Mondays. Plus, it's literally across the street. Can't really go wrong there. Visitors, I'm sure, will be taken there in the future!

Sunday got a bright and early start with a 7 a.m. wakeup call. I drove in to watch Bec and about 10,000 other runnerse cruise down the West Side Highway for the NYC Half-Marathon. The best part was that Leezie and Sam came, too, so we hung out for most of the morning down by the river with another mommy friend of hers. Sam had a playmate, and I was able to take in some great mom lessons from two pros. Then after a bit of writing at a coffee shop, I met up with Keren and her two friends, both named Sara(h). The 3 Sara(h)'s and K hung out before I had to head over to my nannying duties with Sam.

But the day wasn't over just yet--after my few hours with S, the 'rents came over, fresh from seeing the final show of A Catered Affair (thanks to Speed!). Mark, Karl and Bec eventually joined us, and we all left Leezie and Speed for a date night while we grabbed dinner together at Dublin...Sam was a cutie of course and it was so lovely to have almost all of us together!

Tonight, the fun continues. My three terrific sisters are throwing Mark and I a pre-baby bash on Bec's rooftop! And we'll also celebrate my Dad's birthday...unfortunately, my camera is out of commission, but I'll make sure someone takes a lot of pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
A friend of mine is visiting Manhattan this coming weekend and looking for cool local eateries that aren't expensive. What's the name of the cafe in this post?