7.23.2008

Thank you, thank you

I am still quite overwhelmed by the outpouring of generosity bestowed upon Mark and I on Sunday. Sissy, Eileen, and Leezie (with the help of the rest of the Flynn's, my aunties, my mom, Corinne, and oh, pretty much everyone in the family!) threw us a pre-baby BBQ at the Farm, and it was absolutely perfect (and so much fun!). With a summery menu fit for 50--yep, 50!--guests and the Farm serving as a charming and welcoming location, it was an ideal way to celebrate the arrival of Baby F. We chowed down on fried chicken, burgers, Asian slaw, baked beans, salad, tamale corn, 7-layer dip, fruit salad, hyper brownies, and more while languishing around the picnic tables and chair circle. Really, it couldn't have been any better.

A rouge thunderstorm rolled in late in the evening (conveniently as it was present opening time, so we were inside, anyway), leaving in its mist a spectacular rainbow and one of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen settle over the Catoctin Mountains. I'll truly never forget the day, and will always be so grateful to my wonderful family and friends who put it all together--especially on the heels of a wedding! You all are amazing and I'll be forever thankful! Here are many pics of the day. For more, check out my online album, Erin's pics, and Aleta's blog.

1 comment:

jhg said...

Looks like a blast! Can't believe little F will be here soooooo soon! Getting very excited for you!!!