10.15.2007

A 10K and Some Birthday Cake

I didn't have a chance to write much this morning, but I couldn't resist posting those adorable pics of Philip enjoying his birthday cake! The party was so fun; Aleta did a such a fab job in seeing to every detail, from the blue party hats to the Crown-shaped Pinata! A bunch of people turned up and I have a feeling Philip went home with a bunch of fun presents--and lots of new toys! (We didn't stay long enough to see everything opened).

Earlier yesterday morning, we dragged ourselves out of bed to go down to DC to run the Boo! 10K. Maureen and Eileen were running with a bunch of Mo's co-workers, and of course I can't resist a race! Hah! I actually have a better appreciation for the 10K distance now that I've been running more; even more so when I don't have to do a one mile swim and 25-mile bikeride beforehand! The race went down around Hains Point (twice) and finished/started on Ohio Drive. I loved running and seeing all of the memorials--it was a beautiful morning and great running weather. I ended up getting 2nd overall and running my fastest 10K time every (42:15, nothing to sneeze at, but decent for me), and Maureen and Eileen did great as well!

We hit up brunch at our old fave Rhodeside Grill afterwards, then ran off to get ready for the party. Then to top off the very fun day, we made it back to NYC in record time and found a parking spot right across from our apt!

No comments: