10.18.2007

(not) Coming Soon to a Store Near You



So last week I had a "gig" at Martha Stewart Omnimedia, in which I modeled for her new line of crafts for Michael's. Well, to clarify, the crafts--in this case, tissue paper "poofs" that you hang from the celing as decor; sissy actually had some for the twins' first birthday party--were the models. I was more a prop in the shot to show scale (how big the poofs are in real-life). I arrived on set at 9:45, got dressed in a cute Catherine Malandrino cocktail dress the prop guy provided, and proceeded to sit...and sit...for two hours before the photographer was ready for me (oh the tough life of a high-fashion model! hahah). When she was, I sat at a gorgeously-appointed table, made up in the prettiest cream linens and china, and smiled as I pretended to lay some presents down (I believe I was supposed to be a guest at a wedding shower).

The photog. took about ten frames, and I was done...off to my next odd job...excited about seeing myself in a Michael's store a few months down the line. (The shoot was for all in-store promotions and packaging).

But then earlier this week, I found out that the powers-that-be opted to show the items sans model, so alas, my shots were quickly dropped to the cutting-room floor. Oh well, at least I have these pics to show for it!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

nice pics! you should def add "real person" modeling to your list of odd-jobs.

Anonymous said...

i want those paper things! you look so pretty, sarah! you should write a piece about odd-jobbing.

jeanie said...

Ya know Sarah, I have had my share of "temp" jobs and none has been as exciting as the Martha shoot. Maybe you should write a piece about odd jobs-in all senses of the word "odd". I would be able to contribute a few stories of my own. Nothin' like a temp job for story matter.