10.01.2007

Bowled Over

I'm very excited to have found a sport involving balls (and hand-eye coordination!) that I can actually BEAT Mark in...bowling! Yup, he got SERVED in the lanes of Chelsea Pier's swank bowling alley on Saturday night! We were all set to have a big workout dork's night of well, working out and going home to watch a DVD when we spontaneously decided to go bowling. Within minutes, we were whisked back to the VIP section (that move had nothing to do with who we are; I think they just needed to fill lanes) and began bowling away to the beats of Britney and Rhianna as a disco ball spun above us.

I started out with a spare (beginner's luck, I thought) and consequently leveled off to 7's and 8's. Mark, meanwhile, was hitting strike after strike, leaving me completely in the dust. But sometime around the moment the DJ started spinning Britney's "Gimme More" (Mark DESPISES that song, especially when I sing it over and over and over), he completely crumbled. Game 2 saw a few more spares and strikes for me while Mark was rolling despondently downhill. By the end of the second round, I'd squashed him by about ten pins. Mark claimed all of the lifting he did made his shoulders "sore", but did I mention I'd run the Fifth Avenue Mile that morning (in 5:44)? The soreness excuse was all mine.

The night resulted in perhaps the priciest bowling matches we'll ever encounter, but we definitely had a great time. And I won! Can't complain about that.

No comments: