10.16.2007

More weekend pics



A couple more highlights from our weekend: Earlier on Saturday, Mark and I met Maureen and her new guy, Paul, at the Zoo! I've been itching to go ever since I wrote the Nim's Island story that had me eyeball-deep in research on bearded dragons, Australian sea lions, and pelicans. So we set out on the gorgeous October afternoon (the weather reminded us a lot of our wedding day--almost two years ago! sniff sniff) and spent a few hours ogling the gorillas, hippos, monkeys, reptiles, invertebraes, etc. I think the last time I was at the zoo was when Mr. Dreskin took Sissy, Corinne, and I to some concert there in high school (I believe the band was called "Red Letter Day"--whatever happened to them?). It's such a fun place, especially for kids (or in our case, big kids)--can't wait 'til Sam's a bit older so we can take him there!

After the zoo, we went back to Wheatone for a delicious dinner at Nova Europa with the 'rents and Uncle Phil and Jeanie! Mark was treated to an extravagant birthday dinner, which included a dessert of profiteroles! I'd only had this dessert once before (at Balthazar), and I knew how decadent (and delicious) it could be. Nova Europa's version (pastry crammed with vanilla ice cream and topped with hot fudge) definitely did not disappoint. I credit all of my energy for the race the next morning to my grilled salmon and all of that sugar!

Thanks to the 'rents for being the best "B&B" hosts, we love staying in their guest suites!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: