10.22.2007

I'm Not Obsessed...

Okay, yes I am....with scrabulous.com.

After a few months of being on the wagon, I've relapsed. My addiction to online Scrabble has returned with avengence. I now go to bed with imaginary letters in my head and think about which combinations will garner me the most points. When I'm supposed to be working, I'm playing NanaJane or MimisMom, and not always winning. This is where working from home becomes extremely dangerous...but today I've restrained myself and have only played one game. So far.

I'm almost ready to challenge Bec, a fellow addict (granted, she plays when she's forcing herself to rest after like a five-hour workout , but whatever), but my stint away from the boards has left me blind to Scrabble opportunities (as in 7-letter words, I've only scored one so far) and other strategic moves. I think her skills will get the best of me, so I may have to wait until I've got the magic back.

Hmmm, maybe I should practice a little more now...

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I feel your pain! I'm beginning to get the scrabble addiction too--but with the real live board game. Just ask Jill Hennessy (the actress) and her twin sister...they were witness to SJ and I going head to head over a sunset game at Traphagen!

I had a bingo, fyi, RESENTS.

Also I used the word RUNNER (not a bingo, but a very cool word!!).