2.16.2008



Congrats to Bec, who finished 29th (top 30!) at the USA Cross Country Champs today in San Diego. Her time, 29:07, equals about 5:51 per mile. That's over hills and bumpy surfaces, so on the roads she'd be even faster! Not too bad for a triathlete...

In other news, I'm still a little shellshocked from seeing The Kite Runner this afternoon. I knew the entire story, but that didn't stop me from booh-hooing pretty much the whole way through. A total tear jerker! Even though it's only nominated for one Oscar (for its score, which honestly didn't stand out to me), this one gets my vote for movie of the year.

Maybe what put me in my extra-relaxed/hyper-emotional mood was the massage I got prior to the movie...a V-Day/B-Day present from Mark. Such a treat. Afterwards, Mark and I hit Katz's Deli, the super-popular lower east side hangout and home to the mile-high pastrami sandwiches (also well known for its role in the infamous When Harry met Sally scene). I opted for chicken salad; Mark got corned beef, and we both got LOTS of pickles (sour and "natural"). We both left stuffed--but satisfied.

No comments: