2.15.2008

Oh Happy Day!

Yesterday was the most memorable Valentine's Day of all--not because of any elaborate romantic notions (though I did receive beautiful flowers from Mark, sent to my "office", and we had a lovely dinner) but because I finally shared the news I'd been dying to tell people for some time: We're having a baby! I think anyone who will read this probably already knows the details, but here they are again. I'm about 14 weeks along, with a due date of August 17. So far, everything has been going smoothly, and I feel great. Let the bump watch begin! Hee hee.

Getting such sweet and supportive reactions from my family and friends made me even more excited for the impending months and, of course, to finally meet the littlest (Wassner) Flynn in August. We got a sneak preview last week of the tiny one, and it was an amazing sight to behold. See for yourself in these sonogram pics (they're pretty grainy, but you can make out the arms, profile, and body. Pretty cool since he or she is only about 8 cm long!)

3 comments:

CMG said...

WOW--how exciting!!! Congratulations to you and your families--I'm sure everyone's thrilled! (And while I'm at it, I hope you have a great birthday!)

swaaleta said...

YEA! We are so happy! A wonderful new addition (and playmate)! The farm will be rockin'!!!
Love~Aleta,Ella & PTC

jeanie said...

Happy Birthday Darlin' and congrats. You and Mark will make wonderful parents. You are the BEST!