2.06.2008

Giants on Parade


Yesterday, Bec and I ventured downtown to see what we could well, see, of the Giants Parade. I knew the scene would be chaotic when my ride in at 8:30 a.m. was full of red, white, and blue clad fans. But we braved it anyway and managed to catch a glimpse of the various floats full of players from a block away. The ticker tape and toilet paper were flying, as were reams of paper floating out of sky-high office buildings (people were seemingly tossing it out of their windows). There were fans everywhere and it took us about 20 minutes to move one block. But it was worth it to see this historical event!

Later on in the night, I was happy to see the Empire State Building still alit in the Giant's patriotic colors...how long do you think it'll stay that way? If it were up to New Yorkers, I'd say until next year at least!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: