2.29.2008

I had an interview scheduled with a hot youngish director today and just got stood up! Something about a scheduling conflict. I'm not too concerned--we'll hopefully do it on Monday--but there's nothing more I dislike than being cancelled on. Funny thing is, despite my annoyance, the publicist told me she didn't think I could possibly be a New Yorker because I was so chill about the whole thing. True, the freelance life has made me even more laid back than ever. But at the same time, I just didn't see a need to get upset with the middle-man (er, woman). I blame the diva director!

I have to switch gears and write a couple more stories due today and then get ready for the Urban Run Leap Year Mile at Chelsea Piers tonight. This is an event that I'm partially organizing; I say partially because I don't want to take full responsibility if it's a dud. The gym didn't do that great of a job advertising the event, and besides, Friday nights are not the most popular times to have a track race! But we have some people pre-registered and I've roped Karl into running with the promise of new shoes. She better show!

No comments: