5.16.2006

So a priest, a taxi driver, and a banker walk into a bar...

This evening, I am venturing up to the Bronx (East 183rd Street, to be exact) to meet with a priest at Our Savior Catholic Church. No, I'm not seeking spiritual guidance. I'm actually interviewing the priest-- a Columbian immigrant and a top masters runner for a local team--for a feature I'm writing entitled "Fast Runners. Fast Life." Basically, the idea is to profile 4 top local runners who work as hard as they run. So far, I have a priest, a Mexican restaurant owner, a TV commercial producer/taxi driver, and an investment banker. I hope to get some good stories out of these folks, as I'm sure they have a lot of good ones to share!

Actually, here's a snippet from the producer/taxi driver:

I made the mistake of telling one woman where I lived when we drove by my apt.
She asked me if I owned it and I told her I did.
I got a $0.30 tip on that $12.70 fare.
She must have imagined I didn't need a good tip since I owned my apartment I guess.

No comments: