5.17.2006

WOW.

Tonight, Bec and I ran in the AHA Wall Street Run 5K. We both did it for fun, but it seems as though "fun" for Bec is running at a 5:18-per-mile pace! That's the clip she held throughout the race as she cruised to a huge win in 16:24. Not only did she set the course record by about a mile, but she also was beat by just ten men--out of over 4,000 total runners. I was utterly humbled to be in her presence tonight, especially considering I finished a good 3.5 minutes behind her. (But I still managed to run my fastest 5K in years...though that's not saying much considering my lackluster post-high school running history!).

Afterward, we had a nice walk home as the sun set over the Hudson River--I'm so happy to have Bec back, even if it's just for a few weeks!

Early morning tomorrow (triathlon workout at 6 a.m.) so it's off to bed!

No comments: