5.17.2006

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

How fitting that the title of this entry happens to be the song that's playing on my iPod right now...and the theme of my morning so far. What do I want that I can't get? A cheap way to get to Charleston! Mark and I were planning a road trip down south next weekend, but due to our recent DMV disasters (and the 15-hour drive meshed with absurd gas prices), we are seeking alternate means of transportation. An overnight train ride seemed fun--until I saw the $400+ fare. Planes are quick, sure, but it's going to take me a looong time to pay back the $650 (each) ticket I'd have to plunk down on my credit card. I'm now looking into planes to any destination down south, where we can pick up a rental car and make our way to Charleston. Easier said than done--especially when we only have a three-day window of vacation time. And did I mention it's Memorial Day weekend? I'm beginning to think this mini vacay is turning into a rather large pipe dream!

If anyone has any ideas (or spare frequent flyer miles), please let me know!

No comments: